***PLEASE NOTE, THIS EDITION IS CURRENTLY OUT OF PRINT. THERE IS A NEW EDITION AVAILABLE, TEACH LIKE A CHAMPION 2.0. PLEASE SEE THE LINK FOR THAT PRODUCT ON THIS PAGE.***
Teach Like a Champion offers effective teaching techniques to help teachers, especially those in their first few years, become champions in the classroom. These powerful techniques are concrete, specific, and are easy to put into action the very next day. Training activities at the end of each chapter help the reader further their understanding through reflection and application of the ideas to their own practice.
Among the techniques:
- Technique #1: No Opt Out. How to move students from the blank stare or stubborn shrug to giving the right answer every time.
- Technique #35: Do It Again. When students fail to successfully complete a basic task—from entering the classroom quietly to passing papers around—doing it again, doing it right, and doing it perfectly, results in the best consequences.
- Technique #38: No Warnings. If you’re angry with your students, it usually means you should be angry with yourself. This technique shows how to effectively address misbehaviors in your classroom.
The print versionincludes a DVD of 25 video clips of teachers demonstrating the techniques in the classroom. E-book customers: please note that details on how to access the content from the DVD may be found in the e-book Table of Contents. Please see the section: “How to Access DVD Contents”
- Paperback: 332 pages
- Publisher: Jossey-Bass; 1 edition (April 6, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470550473
- ISBN-13: 978-0470550472
- Product Dimensions: 7 x 0.7 x 9.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.3 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (462 customer reviews)